Our Values & Clinical Approaches
Ian Robertson is guided by the following values:
- All individuals have strengths, qualities, meaning and purpose.
- We believe that by focusing on strengths and qualities, individual’s become empowered to finding solutions.
- We believe in the restoration of relationships.
- Every client is deserving of privacy of confidentiality.
- Every individual has human rights and should be held to the highest degree of respect and dignity.
- Every individual deserves a therapeutic experience that is grounded in safety, respect, empathy, and understanding.
- All individuals live in “community”, therefore collaboration and connecting people to community services, resources and supports is critical to the wellness process.
Our agency believes in incorporating clinical approaches that best match the needs of client and their presenting issue. Effectively matching the clinical model with client needs is the catalyst for the change process and a predictor of positive outcomes.
Clinical approaches used by Ian Robertson include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cogntive Process Therapy (CPT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR)
- Narrative Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Grief Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Neurolinguistic Programming Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Transtheoretical Stages of Change
- Trauma Therapy
- Marital/Couples Therapy